Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Church
Office Manager Job Description
Purpose of Position: Provide executive administrative support to the Parish Priest (“Proistamenos”) and Parish Community being responsible for all activities of the Church office. This position is often the first face with anyone contacting the Parish and therefore requires exceptional customer service, professionalism, confidentiality and discretion. This is a mission critical position in the efficient life and growth of the Parish.
Hours: Monday –Friday (Salaried at 40 hours per week) evening and weekend hours may also be required depending on Proistamenos’s needs, and church programs and events.
- Mature Christian.
- College graduate preferred.
- Five years work related experience.
- Typing and editing proficiency in English composition and punctuation.
- Ability to create, edit and manage spreadsheets.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office, Publisher, Outlook, QuickBooks, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Website maintenance with WordPress, Web-based contact management systems (PDS Church Office), and basic computer operations.
- Working proficiency with social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- Have the ability to work well with people and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter who can recognize needs/gaps/deadlines and anticipate and implement Proistamenos’s direction.
- Ability to plan events, manage short and long term projects simultaneously, and effectively communicate with vendors/contractors.
- Support the Proistamenos, Parish Council and Parish Ministries in the administration functions of the church.
- Answer phones and greet weekday visitors, respond or relay messages promptly and provide appropriate follow-up.
- Oversee the management of all aspects of the church office, supply and equipment needs, file organization, incoming and outgoing communications, and publications.
- Maintain parish records including creation of sacramental certificates and documentation as well as files and databases.
- Produce the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter in on-line and printed formats.
- Produce letters, flyers, and posters and other material for distribution.
- Actively maintain the church calendar, including assisting in managing scheduling for the Proistamenos, all services, activities and other uses of the Church hall and Sanctuary, and all ministry sponsored activities.
- Manage/assist in scheduling all travel arrangements for the Proistamenos and visiting special guests as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Proistamenos or Parish Council.