It’s that time of year again! Holy House is coming! Every year, our teens put together skits to teach stories from the Bible, and the parish — old and young — comes together for some fun! It’s a night of costumes, candy, and good clean fun. Join us!
If you have teens who would like to be involved, email Amity Garwood at amity_garwood at hotmail.com No acting experience is required! We have the costumes — they’ll just show up and join their friends as they re-enact tales from the Gospel.
If you have younger children, dress them in their costumes (nothing too terrifying or creepy, please) and get ready!
We’ll begin with a short prayer service in the church, followed by a potluck dinner (bring a lenten dish!) and then we’ll enjoy the skits and the running around! There will be CANDY.
Time to Sign Up for 20th Annual Greek Golf Day!
The Center for Family Care is hosting a conference titled “The Orthodox Family in a Changing World” in an effort to explore critical issues in the family life-cycle and practical methods to address them in the parish and the home. The conference will be held September 20-23, 2017 in Pittsburgh, PA.
The conference welcomes clergy, pastoral-care workers, ministry leaders, and laypersons interested in the development of family ministry in their parishes. A generous grant from Leadership 100 will aid in funding the event.
A reduced ‘early bird’ registration rate is offered through July 30th.
To register visit: www.regonline.com/fm-conference-2017
- His Eminence Metropolitan Savas of Pittsburgh
- Elissa Bjeletich, Orthodox blogger and author
- Steven Christoforou, GOA Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Intensive and Workshop Topics
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Supporting Families with Children who have special needs
- Homosexuality in the Family
- The Internet of Humanity: Navigating the Hyper-connected World to be in Authentic Relationship
- Holding Space for Families in Crisis
- Poverty in the Family